0

Running Log for 2011

Here is my Running Log for 2011. I will now keep track of 2012 on the sidebar of the blog. I will try to add some more details about the run. Often I wear a Garmin watch so I can provide those details to help me better compare and track my progress.

I feel like this was a good start to what I want to do and hope that I continue. Life makes it really hard to find time and energy but if I make it a priority then I hope to have better luck in accomplishing my goal of being a healthier person.

I want to add some more competition to my exercise calendar - a few 5K's and 10k's as well as some half marathons, and hopefully a marathon. I also want to try at least one "mudder" type of race - they look like a lot of fun.

Aug 1:
2.4 miles trail run @ Greenbriar Park
Aug 2: 4 miles on canal @ Williamsport
Aug 5: 3.5 miles track workout (1 mile w/u; 1.5 mile stride straights, jog curves; 1 mile c/d)
Aug 7: 5 miles
WEEKLY TOTAL: 14.9
Aug 9: 3 miles treadmill
Aug 10: 3 miles trail run @Greenbriar Park
Aug 11: 3 miles @ Smithsburg Park (repeat 1 mile loop/hilly)
Aug 13: 6 miles @ Western Maryland Rail Trail (WMRT)
WEEKLY TOTAL: 15
Aug 16: 4 miles treadmill
Aug 17: 4 miles Fartlek @ Smithsburg Park
Aug 20: 3.5 miles treadmill
Aug 21: 6 miles on road (Route 64 long rolling hills)
WEEKLY TOTAL: 17.5
Aug 22: 4 miles on canal @ Williamsport (35 min)
Aug 27: 8 miles on canal @ Williamsport (72 min)
WEEKLY TOTAL: 12
Aug 29: 3 miles @ Smithsburg Park
Aug 30: 4 miles treadmill (negative splits)
Sept 3: 4 miles on canal
Sept 4: 3 miles treadmill
WEEKLY TOTAL: 15
Sept 5: 8 miles on canal @ Williamsport (73 min)
Sept 7: 4 miles treadmill (negative splits)
Sept 11: 3.5 miles track (1.25 w/u; 4x400-90sec. w/90 sec recovery; 1.25 c/d)
WEEKLY TOTAL: 15.5
Sept 12: 3 miles treadmill (negative splits)
Sept 15: 6 miles road (Route 64 long rolling hills) (52 min)
Sept 16: 10 miles treadmill (84 min)
WEEKLY TOTAL: 19
Sept 19: 6 miles road (Route 64 long rolling hills) (52 min)
Sept 22: 3 miles treadmill
WEEKLY TOTAL: 9 miles
Sept 26: 3 miles
Oct 1: RACE 13.1 miles Freedom Run 1/2 Marathon 2:02
WEEKLY TOTAL: 16 miles
Oct 4: 4 miles treadmill (32min)
Oct 7: 10 miles canal (88 min)
Oct 8: 3 miles canal
WEEKLY TOTAL: 17 miles
Oct 12: 3 miles treadmill (22:20)
Oct 16: 4.5 miles track (1 w/u; 2x400-90sec. w/90 sec recovery; then 4/200-40 sec w/90 sec recovery 1 c/d)
WEEKLY TOTAL: 7.5 miles :-( rough week
Oct 19: 5 miles treadmill (40:30)
Oct 23: 3 miles treadmill (22:15)
WEEKLY TOTAL: 8 miles
Oct 26: 4 miles treadmill (31:10)
WEEKLY TOTAL: 4 miles
Oct 31: 5 miles treadmill (42:20)
Nov 2: 7 miles treadmill (59:30)
Nov 6: 11 miles treadmill (87:10)
**treadmill workouts include increasing and decreasing the incline, usually starting the first mile at an incline of "2" and increasing and decreasing per 400 meters throughout the rest of the workout.**
WEEKLY TOTAL: 23 miles
Nov 8: 5 miles treadmill (38:10)
***sick*** :-(
WEEKLY TOTAL: 5 miles
Week of Nov 14: ***sick***
sinus infection, laryngitis, and strep throat
ugh! :-(
WEEKLY TOTAL: 0 miles
Week of Nov 21:
***still sick, coughing my brains out and low grade fever, this is getting to be too much***

WEEKLY TOTAL: 0 miles
**Dropping out of 15k that was scheduled for Dec 3. Very sad about this because it would have been a pretty race on a flat course with strong competition. Maybe in another month after I have started running regularly again. :-(**
Dec 4: 3 miles treadmill (8:30 pace)
WEEKLY TOTAL: 3 miles
Dec 6: 4 miles treadmill (8:25 pace)
Dec 8: 3 miles treadmill (8:15 pace)
Dec 11: 3 miles treadmill (8:20 pace)
WEEKLY TOTAL: 10 miles
Dec 17: 8 miles Canal (8:48 pace)
WEEKLY TOTAL: 8 miles
Dec 24: 6 miles on road (Route 64 long rolling hills) (8:42 pace - 52:02)
WEEKLY TOTAL: 6 miles
Dec 26: 4 miles hill workout treadmill (8:30 pace) (34:00)
Dec 31: 5 miles on road (new run on Alt. 40 parked at Sheetz - hilly) (8:45 pace)
WEEKLY TOTAL: 9 miles (ended a day early - weeks will now start on Sunday and end on Saturday).

2011 YEARLY TOTAL: 234 miles

Goal for 2012: 750 miles
** WoW... that is a lofty goal and I am already thinking of changing it! :-( I want it to be something I can accomplish but something I have to work towards.

How did I come up with that number... I want to commit to running 3 to 4 days a week, about 15 miles per week. 15 miles x 52 weeks will equal 780 miles, I rounded down to 750 because if I do a marathon then there will be a taper week and a recovery week (or two) so that will lower my miles. It boils down to committing to run at least 3 days a week for an entire year.

Hopefully by writing this down I will really do it!! Wish me LUCK and MOTIVATION!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.