0

Cookie Baking

I have been very busy and fallen behind on my blogging. I will try to catch up and will date them according to when they happened!! Cookie baking was a busy weekend but I enjoyed making the cookies. I made the following treats:

  • Hershey Kiss "Buttons" (pretzels with a Hershey Kiss melted on them and an M&M on top)
  • Peanut Butter Hershey Kiss Cookies
  • Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Brownies with M&M's
  • Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies dipped in chocolate coated with Candy Canes
I used these cookies as gifts for people at work, Christmas parties, holiday events, as well as the kids teachers at pre-school (although I doubt I will do any of this again unless I bake really early - I have so many holiday treats from friends, students, co-workers, and what I made that I don't know how I didn't put on 10 pounds this holiday season).

I had a nice time putting the tins together, mixing up the cookies, fancy chocolates (from the store), and buttons. Beyond these tins I brought a huge container to school and each of my 30 students got at least two cookies (some of them closer to five cookies).

I am attaching my favorite recipe. These cookies were delicious (as long as you like peppermint candy canes). If you make these - enjoy!!!!

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • chocolate chips or candy melts
  • 6-8 peppermint candy canes

To bake the cookies:

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. In a large mixer bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla together until light and fluffy. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt together, then add to the wet mixture, mixing until well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto un-greased cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool one minute on cookie sheet then transfer to wire cooling rack to cool completely.

To decorate the cookies:

These are TRIPLE chocolate cookies, so we need more chocolate! While the cookies are cooling, grab your chocolate chips or candy melts and melt them in a double boiler. If you don’t have a double boiler just put a glass bowl on top of a pot of simmering water.

Unwrap your candy canes and put them into a plastic bag, then crush them.

Now dip each cookie halfway into the melted chocolate and let any excess drip back into bowl. Then sprinkle some of your candy cane bits onto the melted chocolate (or carefully press the cookie in a bowl full of the candy canes - I found that they stay put better if pushed into the chocolate).

Place the cookies on parchment paper and let them set until the chocolate is hardened. ENJOY!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.