The annual Gingerbread decorating play date at Laurie's house was a huge success. Kids had lots of fun making a mess with the sprinkles and the moms enjoyed an afternoon of friendship and laughter.
Cora and Luke are busy at work. Cora said she only wanted to eat M&Ms so that is why she only put M&Ms on her gingerbread man. Luke put whatever he could get a hold of on his gingerbread man. If you look closely, you can see that Carrie's gingerbread man was actually turned into a woman, a woman wearing a marshmellow dress who with buttons who also happens to be a vampire (creative!!).
Maeve spent a good amount of time eating the icing. Her gingerbread person was decked out in pink sparkles!!
While the kids were playing the mommies enjoyed a toast to Holly's birthday!! I think she turned 30!!!
Thanks Terra for the delicious holiday drink (champagne, cranberry juice, and fresh cranberries).
Later in the week, I talked to the kids about the Gingerbread poem. Turns out they had never heard the story. I will have to find a little book for next year, it isn't the same telling the story without pictures, I guess they can use their imagination?!?! :-)
Gingerbread Man Poem
| Once there was a gingerbread man, Here's the old woman who made him so sweet, | |
Now open the oven to see if he's done,
This gingerbread man, he know how to run.
Out of the oven and onto the floor,
Now run away out the kitchen door.
The gingerbread man, he's out of the pan!
Now chase him old woman, now chase him old man
Chase him, yes chase him as fast as you can!
Through the garden and out the gate,
Catch him right now, before it's too late.
The gingerbread man, he's out of the pan!
Along came a cow who wanted a treat
And the gingerbread man, he looked good to eat
Run, run, as fast as you can
You can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man
I'm the gingerbread man and I'm out of the pan!
Along came a horse who wanted a snack
But the gingerbread man, he never looked back
Run, run, as fast as you can
You can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man
I'm the gingerbread man and I'm out of the pan!
Along came a farmer who wanted a treat
And the gingerbread man, he looked good to eat
Run, run, as fast as you can
You can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man
I'm the gingerbread man and I'm out of the pan!
Along came a dog who wanted a snack
But the gingerbread man, he never looked back
Run, run, as fast as you can
You can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man
I'm the gingerbread man and I'm out of the pan!
Along came a hog who wanted a treat
And the gingerbread man, he looked good to eat
Run, run, as fast as you can
You can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man
I'm the gingerbread man and I'm out of the pan!
Along came a fox who wanted a treat,
And this gingerbread man, he looked good to eat.
Jump on my back, my gingerbread pet,
And we'll cross the river, so you won't get wet
Mr. Gingerbread man, who's out of the pan!
There was no place to go, there was no place to run
And a ride on the river could be lots of fun!
So off with the fox did Gingerbread go
And what happened next, you already know
To the gingerbread man, who's out of the pan
That sly old fox had a de-lic-ious treat
And the old man and woman had nothing to eat
Not a bite was left for the cow or the dog,
The horse or the farmer or hungry old hog
There's no gingerbread man in or out of the pan!
So let us go home and get out the pan
And we'll make ourselves a new gingerbread man!
And when he is eaten, we'll make us some more
But this time we'll be certain to lock the back door!
A new gingerbread man, in a gingerbread pan!


0 comments: