0

Christmas 2011 (Part I - Home)

Merry Christmas!!!

Christmas morning found the kids waking up to new fish tanks in their room. Cora came running into our room saying that she has "Three pink fish!!" Luke was standing up on his bed yelling for us to come see, "There is something in my room."When the kids got downstairs they were happy to see that Santa came and that he brought presents for everyone, even the dog.

Santa brought us lots of camping equipment including a tent, sleeping bags, air mattresses, and lanterns. We are going to do some backyard camping this Spring and Summer!!
There were exactly the same number of presents under the tree but somehow Luke opened his slower and when Cora didn't have as many left to open she became upset. She was so over excited about the morning she forgot that she had told me the night before that she only wanted, "Three Christmas presents, because more then that is greedy. I will be thankful for everything I get." I think the excitement of the morning overwhelmed her.
Luke has had to suffer with a small selection in the dress up bin, often coming upstairs in princess clothes or shoes - so Dave decided it was time to at least offer him some more choices!! Another big hit for Luke was the light sabers - that make very realistic noises and are awesome toys to play with in the back yard in the dark. After all - Luke needs to, "Use the Force."

Luke picked out a present for Cora and it is probably her favorite. He thought she would love a new horse! She quickly named her, "Princess Sparkle."
The kids kept handing me the bows, telling me that I could pretend that I was a present.
Cora asked Santa for scooters. "I want two scooters that don't tip over, like at my cousin Andrew's house. One that has Princesses for me and on that has Cars for Luke." I was so proud of her for thinking of her brother that I was super happy that Santa made sure those scooters were under the tree!
The camping equipment was a big hit. We bribed the kids to take their much needed naps by saying they could sleep in their sleeping bags and on their air mattresses.
Christmas morning was so much fun, so was Christmas Eve - the excitement of watching my kids excitement made it hard for me to sleep. I woke up at 5:30 and had to wait for them to wake up.

I wish that I could bottle up the happy feelings of Christmas so that I can remember how it feels when my little ones are driving me crazy. I want to remember how much I wanted to see them smile and how it touches my heart when they are nice to each other and help each other and show each other what Santa brought them as well as being excited about what they got each other and even happy with what the dog has to open.

This Christmas definitely goes in my "Pockets of Time" mental memory box for a great day!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.