We purchased this playground set from Sam's Club on 3/22.
It arrived on Monday 3/29 in 5 boxes weighing 250 pounds.
Dave was on Spring Break from school and he inventoried all the boards - which took 4 hours (missing 4 boards). Next came the task of understanding the directions and following the 103 Steps from start to finish.
The weather cooperated with us and it was beautiful through out the week as we worked to put it together.
Look at all this hardware!!! Often, I would lay out the boards and hardware for the next steps while Dave played with the kids and then we would switch. They didn't want us to ignore them and often let us know if they felt they needed more attention!
The directions were definitely frustrating because more than once we had to take apart what we just did so we could move a board a few inches one way or another.
This is Day 3 of the process. It would seem like more would be finished but every stinking board has a special place!!
Dave studying the directions to be sure we are working through it correctly. This was quitting time on day 3.
Finally on Day 4 we put up some items that the kids could use. They loved the rock wall and sliding board! The sliding board was the very LAST step but I begged Dave to put it on early so they could use at least part of the playground set before they went off to college ;-)
Here I am reading the directions - again. . .and looking for some of the bolts and screws. We made lots of progress on Day 4. The slide, rock wall, ladder, monkey bars, and swings. This was a day that finally started to bring a sense of accomplishment and felt nice, even though we were both sunburnt and growing frustrated with not being finished.
We were very close to completion but we were so exhausted that we could barely hold our arms up in the air (the last part we needed to do was the "crow's nest" and it was 6 feet off the ground). Dave finished the last part when he got home from work the next day.
Most of our Spring Break was spent together assembling the kids "Skyfort." I hope they get a lot of use out of it in the next few years. Cora has already told her daddy, "Daddy, I so proud of you!"
Powered by Blogger.


1 comments:
I so proud too!!!!!! I will be referring to this post in the future I am sure when we get the bright idea to buy one of these.