On April 9th Dave took Luke to the Pediatric Orthopedic. This was a referral from our Pediatrician from the March 9th visit. Here is how it went:
- slowing growth of opposite leg between ages 12-14 (reducing his adult height)
- bone lengthening (very painful and not really an option)
- shoe lifts
- nothing (if the difference is less than 3/4 of an inch - nothing is done - the body compensates)


3 comments:
Hey, Jay just reminded me that one of the kids on the lax team he coached "Whitie" had the same thing. His back would get sore if he didn't wear his lift, but he was a sick lax player and was a two time National Champion and a 2 time NCAA All-American and 2 time long stick middie of the year! : )
Oh, Erin. I'm sorry. I know it's not easy to watch him struggle. I am certain he's determined enough to accomplish anything he desires regardless of barriers.
Thank you for your positive comments!! Reading your support made my eyes tear up! Thank you!