In the last month Luke has shown some interest in the potty. When he sees Cora sitting on the potty he goes to talk to her, he tries to climb up on the seat and one time I actually found him sitting (fully dressed) on the little potty seat. He also likes to flush and clean the toilet with the toilet brush.
After dinner Cora, Luke and I (or Daddy) go to the bathroom to wash hands and faces. Luke and I were a few minutes behind because Luke wasn't quite finished with his dinner. We entered the bathroom and I put him on the stool to wash his hands. Luke climbed down off the stool and went over to the toilet. I just thought he wanted to flush, so I let him flush and put him back on the stool. He climbed down again and again went over to the potty. Once again, I didn't get the message (or the visual cue of him bending down like he was trying to sit on something) and put him back on the stool. This time he got angry and said in the broken English only a mother can understand language, "No, potty!"
OK!!! SORRY!!! :-) So I quickly sat him on the potty and he then proceeded to go peepee on the potty!!!!! I couldn't believe it - I ran to get the camera (of course) and Cora and I danced and cheered and he was all smiles!!
I know it is a long road ahead of us but him wanting to sit and knowing what to do while sitting there was such a great surprise!
He enjoyed flushing just as much as normal!
Now that going to the bathroom was taken care of - it was time to finally wash that face!!
Powered by Blogger.


0 comments: