1

Cutting down the Christmas Tree 2010

It is that time of year when we get all bundled up, head out even deeper into the country, find a tree farm, and cut down our Christmas tree. Last year we got our tree the same weekend and it snowed some light flurries on Saturday, this year it was even lighter flurries but it was on Sunday and it wasn't the first snow flakes of the year - but the weekend still felt similar to last year.
We walked around through the frost covered fields looking for a tree. It was cold and I wasn't sure how much the kids were "getting out of the activity" so I settled quickly on a tree.
Cora and Luke were easily distracted, the stumps seemed more interesting then looking for the tree.
When we found one that we liked, smaller then last year (different room set up this year), full and strong enough to hold all the ornaments Dave and Luke cut the tree down.
My job was to hold on to the kids while the tree fell down and carry the saw back down to the car. I forgot the kids gloves and hats so they decided to hold hands to keep warm.
Dave carried the tree all the way back to the car, tied it on top, and then put it up in our house. I didn't have any work to do until the tree was up inside. Then it was my turn to put on the lights (with some help from Dave), now it is ready to be decorated!

We had a babysitter come over on Saturday night so we could do some Christmas shopping. We were finished with part of the shopping and on our way to dinner when the babysitter called to tell us Cora threw up. . . oh yeah!! So no dinner out for us, grabbed some food to go and went home to see what was wrong with Cora! I guess there is no rest for the weary!! :-)

1 comments:

  1. Erin says:

    Brrr!!! Can't wait to see it decorated.

    clicked to look at last year and now I'm wondering where Sampson is? Haven't seen or heard anything about the ill behaved, lovable pooch lately.

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.