4

First Day of Pre-School

Cora's new school!!
We decided to have Cora attend Pre-School two days a week. She goes to all day pre-school on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I drop her off and Dave picks her up. My morning routine just grew as I now have to feed her breakfast before she goes, make her lunch, and now contend with gathering of items for whatever theme event or activity that may be included in the day. I also now need to go to two locations to drop the kids off. Add 25 minutes to the morning chaos that I have to do by myself because my husband leave the house between 5:30 and 5:45 to drive his hour drive through traffic to get to work on time! But I now have a happy Cora as she pops out of bed and runs around the house saying, "Hurry Mommy, I have school today!"
The pre-school is also a daycare which is one reason why we picked it. Most of the other pre-schools are half day and we have no way of getting her there or picking her up. The teachers are all trained and follow the Maryland State Department of Education curriculum and standards for early childhood programs. Cora has attended two days and LOVES it. She talks about what she does and how it goes all the time. She sings songs she learned at school and talks about the books they read. One of the first things she says in the morning is, "Am I going to school today?"

We are very happy with the school and I will post more as I become more familiar with the routines and activities at the school!! :-)

4 comments:

  1. Erin says:

    Where were they before? So grown up! And so glad school was an easy transition.

  1. GO says:

    welcome to the club!

  1. Siobhan says:

    Wow! What a big girl! Exciting days for Cora (and Mom and Dad!)

  1. ErinG says:

    They are in an in-home daycare. Luke is still there full time and Cora now goes there three days a week and pre-school two days a week.

    It was a good week and I am really happy for Cora (and me too).

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.