1

Cutting down the Christmas Tree

Saturday morning we woke up and had a nice breakfast, got dressed in our winter best and left to go get our Christmas Tree!!!!

Not only were we all excited about getting the tree, but we were also super excited because it was the first snow of the season!!

Sampson also enjoyed the snow - he ran around the yard like a crazy dog and rolled all through it until he was sufficiently dirty and wet.

For the last three years we have gone to the same Christmas Tree Farm in Boonsboro, MD. One of my students works there and he was the one who helped us cut and carry the tree (we had our hands full with the kids).

The kids had a lot of fun running around the tree farm and tripping over tree stumps and falling in holes. Cora was trying to catch snow flakes on her tongue and Luke thought it was funny to constantly hide behind the trees until I found him.

We settled on a tree quickly ~ after all, it was very cold and very wet. Cora was quick to point out how wet we all were and she wanted to go home and get out of her clothes. She was also scared of Tommy because he is "big" and he "took our tree."
The kids "helped" us bring the tree in and put it into the stand but didn't like how prickly the tree was.
They kept telling us, "The tree goes here Mommy and Daddy."
We had lunch when we got home and Cora and Luke were off to take naps. I put the lights on the tree (I am very picky with how the lights go) and then Dave and I decorated the tree. I realized that I have too many "adult" ornaments - glass, crystal, fragile and not enough kid ornaments - silly, colorful, non-breakable. I will pick up some more kid friendly ornaments so that next year we can all decorate the tree together.

We were all happy with the end result and when the kids woke up from their naps we all sat around the tree talking about what they see on the tree and NOT to touch it. The not touching part is already a failure . . . Luke consistently brings us ornaments. . . lucky for me I had enough softer, less fragile ornaments to fill the bottom.
We can't wait to see the tree with presents under it - and enjoy the magic of Christmas with the kids!!

1 comments:

  1. Erin says:

    Beautiful!! Where's the family photo, my dear? I am sure you can think of some ornaments to make together next weekend to liven up that tree.

    It looks great, and looking forward to more photos of you all enjoying it.

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.