Hurt my back - long time ago and periodically re-injure it. This time I really did it. A regular visit to the chiropractor would prevent the pain but who has time for that. . .I really don't take good care of myself and now I am paying for it.
I have been flat on my back with a heating pad and daily visits to the chiropractor since Saturday. Did I mention I was in pain!?!? Actually fainted 2x from a jolt of pain that my body couldn't handle - Uggghhhh - I am a wimp!! Hoping to be able to walk without assistance by Xmas, hoping to be able to sit in the car for 3.5 hours for the drive to my parents house on Xmas Eve, hoping to make it through the day without this pain.
So, in the meantime, I am missing out on fun holiday activities - wrapping gifts, arts and crafts, dancing to xmas music, last minute shopping, cookies and treats, helping with yummy meals. . . I am not able to give my students their "stuffed stockings" nor the secretaries their cards since I am out of work (and really I am sad to miss work - I really do like my job!). Last year everyone missed out on a lot because of the snow blizzard but this year everyone else seems to get to have fun and I am missing it! :-(
Lesson learned - take care of myself!! :-? Not too many posts will be up in the meantime because sitting at the computer is . . . you guessed it . . . painful!! :-(
Powered by Blogger.


0 comments: