3

Skiing?!?!

It is hard for me to believe that I am posting pictures of Cora skiing at 2 years, 9 months old. . . but I am!! Cora and Daddy met up with Mr. Mike and Brock to go skiing!!
Look at these two cute kids!!
Cora and Brock will be starring in the 2026 Winter Olympics!!
Cora kept looking at the hill - annoyed that Daddy made her wait to take a picture. She wanted to get going!!
Cora apparently likes to go fast, really fast!!! She doesn't understand fear or pain when she falls because her Daddy protected her from most falls by scooping her up before she got going to fast. Cora protested all attempts at slowing her down by saying, "No Daddy!!! I do it myself!!! I go FAST!! WooHoo!!!!"
This picture is of Cora actually skiing down the Beginner hill. See how relaxed she is!!
Brock has been skiing before so he has learned a thing or two about going too fast and falling down. The two kids giggled and laughed their way down the bunny hills as well as the Beginner (Green) hills!!!! I was shocked to hear that they rode the lifts up and went down the Beginner hills!! Shocked and scared - these kids will be better skiers then me in no time!!!
Proud Papas!!! Dave said he never got such a workout as he did skiing with Cora. He was chasing her and holding her and grabbing her all over the mountain!
Mike often races to ski in front of Brock so that Brock can use Mike as a stopping point by running into him!!

A few times in the evening both Daddies realized true moments of happiness and pride for their children as well as appreciation for their lives!!

When Dave called me on their way home to tell me the success of the evening - I couldn't contain my emotions! My eyes actually teared up hearing how well Cora did, I was so proud of her!!

I guess all that snow found a good use after all!!

3 comments:

  1. Erin says:

    Ok, so when y'all coming to Vail???

  1. sleonard says:

    That's so cool! In Norway, kid are born with skis on their feet. Parents have little leashes on them and let the kids go ahead of them down the mountains or the kids hold on to the parents ski poles while the parent pulls them along. Cora is going to be a champion skier!

  1. Unknown says:

    I am so happy for Dave and Mike. I can just imagine how happy they are and all the ski trips they are planning. I'm so glad that he got her on those skis now before she develops any fears! You GO GIRL!!! love Gigi

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.