With all the melting snow outside we have had to entertain the children inside. . .
What have we been up to??
Do-A-Dot art pictures. . . these "markers" are usually pretty Luke safe. He still needs monitoring but he is getting better about not putting them in his mouth.
Cooking. Cora wants to help when we are working in the kitchen, so I found the easiest instant cookie recipe that included "stirring" and let her go to town. I didn't add the egg until the very end because I had a feeling that she would spend some time sampling the batter.
Playdough. I have been scared to break out the playdough - I don't like the potential mess but the constant time indoors has had me searching for new ideas of things to do. When the kids were finished they were sent downstairs to play with Daddy while Mommy cleaned up the little tiny playdough pieces all over the place.
Hanging out with the dog. Sampson has earned his keep over the two snow storms - he does a decent job of entertaining the kids and has even stopped a few tears from falling by my saying, "Look Cora, Sampson needs you." I guess we will keep that darn dog!! ;-)
Videos. With the extended time inside I have allowed more TV watching time. When the kids watch TV I feel guilty. . . I feel like I should be a more creative mom then to just turn on the TV. But sometimes I think a little TV never hurt anyone. . . as long as it is not "too much" time.
Blocks. ALL OVER THE HOUSE is a good location for blocks. Foam blocks, wooden blocks, plastic blocks, duplo blocks, mega blocks . . . you name it - we have built with it in the last few weeks!!! I have done a reasonable job keeping the different sets separated. . . . anyone who knows me just chuckled upon reading that because I am neurotic about organization and rules with play. . . I am working on loosening up!! :-)
Peak - A - Boo. This game has found a rise in popularity here at the Gentzel house due to the increase of blankets around the house. Even Daddy is in on the action here!!
Powered by Blogger.


0 comments: