This weekend we went to Seven Springs Mountain Resort in Pennsylvania. The kids stayed home with a babysitter (my former student who babysits for us anytime our Daycare provider can't work or we need a sitter) and Dave and I had two nights away. We left Friday evening after the kids were in bed and arrived home during their nap time on Sunday so it wasn't a long weekend but it was a nice weekend to ourselves.
Saturday morning when we had all the time in the world to sleep in we found ourselves awake and out on the ski slopes by 8am. I guess the internal clock wouldn't allow us to sleep for too long. We were hoping to sleep late and head to brunch - instead we were up early, skied for a few hours and then hit brunch.
After brunch we skied some more then the rain came in and the temperature dropped so we headed inside for naps, book reading, and eventually some drinks.
Skiing was harder then I remembered. This was my first time on skies in four years. I have been to the slopes multiple times year but I have always had sneakers on chasing the kids down the bunny slopes. I went down once and then told Dave to give me a rest, I would see him later. As I sat on the bench and watched everyone else I realized that I had to give it another chance, so I got up off the bench and tried again. Ended up skiing for two hours. I didn't make much progress in that time frame but I did have fun.
Around 3:30 we started drinking in the room and left for the bar. I was so excited about having a good time that I over indulged. . . finding myself back in the room around 5:30 and shortly after asleep for the evening. I was so desperate for a good time that I forgot to be careful, behave, or basically show any sort of good judgement. . . too much of a good time does in fact, hurt.
Before I headed to bed I did manage to snap a few pictures of some of our group.
We went to Tom and Kerry's wedding over the summer and had a great time with them, they are a really fun couple and hopefully we can spend some more time with them this summer!
I was upset at myself for my drinking so much so fast, I would have liked to stay up a little later and spent some time with friends that I don't get to see, I also wanted to have spent some awake time with my husband. There is so little time for adults in our life that I hate to feel like I wasted the time. We had a nice weekend and will do it again next year, but both of us will do a better job watching what we drink! Another lesson learned (although I thought I learned this lesson in college)!
Powered by Blogger.


1 comments:
I guess that's what happens when I woman has been trapped making crafts with toddlers gets a few cocktails poured! Wish I was right there with ya!
xo