Winter Wonderland
Getting dressed was difficult because I was caught off guard - I do not have any snow clothes that fit these kids. So we had to do it the old fashioned way - LAYERS! Cora wore tights, leggings, and then baggy jeans with three pairs of socks. Luke wore sweatpants and jeans and three pairs of socks.
I felt bad for them when we were outside because their gloves are the typical "short" kid gloves that barely make it to their coats and allow snow to sit right next to their wrists as soon as they come untucked from their coat. It was the same situation for their ankles as the pants that were tucked into their socks came loose.


None the less, we all went outside and trekked around the front yard, sled down a small "hill," and tried to make snowballs (it froze last night so the snow wouldn't pack well). There was a little bit of an attempt to make snow angels but the concept of laying down in the snow and shaking their legs back and forth seemed to allude my children. Imagine a scene of two adults trying to show two children how to do it with the kids walking away. . .
Sledding was a success until the make-shift snow clothes began to fail and allow the cold in. I am going on a mission to find snow pants and boots!! Unfortunately, they will probably only fit for one season as fast as my kids grow - so there will be no "cute" colors for Cora - she will have to get generic colors so hopefully Luke can wear it next year!!
Powered by Blogger.


1 comments:
Oh I love the photos!! So fun. Freddie's snowsuit is cute. The brand is outside baby. They had a few on clearance on their website (about 1/4 the cost of what they were on the REI website!)