The Blizzard of December 2009
18" and counting. . . .
By 10am there was 8" on the ground.
Dave and Cora - ready to go outside. Luke didn't go sledding because he kept sitting down and pulling his boots off. He also kept trying to get out of his snow suit - he didn't like any of his snow attire - so he had to stay inside!
The pink coat and purple pants is Cora. She is wearing my ski goggles and Dave's face mask. It isn't too long of a ride down the street to the hill but it is better to keep her warm until the last second!!
Off to go sledding down the street . . . a big hill . . . good luck guys!!!
Barely 20 feet from the house and already heading out of sight. . .the snow was heavy falling all day!!
Even on the deck - there is a few inches of snow from the wind blowing it all around.
Sampson liked the snow at first but never stayed outside too long.
SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE
Dave braved the weather to cook us some food on the grill . . . rain, snow or shine - nothing keeps Dave from his grill!
There is a car buried under there - we put the car outside so the 4-Wheeler and the plow could be set up and ready inside the garage.
At 9:00pm it was still snowing. . .Dave was out plowing the driveway for the third time and took a few more pictures!
Each time Dave plowed the snow was at least 8" deep.
You can't see how deep it is as Dave went for his third plow run . . . but this is after plowing at 10am and 4pm.
Dave jumped in his snow pile to show how deep some of the snow drifts are. . . you can see the fence in the background and the snow is up to the second rung of the fence.
This has been fun so far. . . lets see what day 2 brings!!!
LOVE THE SNOW!!!
Powered by Blogger.


4 comments:
I wish we could be there too! Looks like fun. We have some too, but not that much. The thing that sucks is Jay and I are both in charge of snow removal for our jobs. He is off at 3 am to go plow/ice melt.
Oh. My. God. I cannot leave the south. Period. I really hate the cold!
G - Sorry to hear about the added headache - good thing you don't get much snow over there!!
E - I hate cold weather too . . . I ask myself all the time why I live here!!
Great photos Erin! We're having a nice day too, but I can't wait to have a little one to enjoy snow with! We just got back from a walk in the neighborhood - it is silent and beautiful out there!
Siobhan