Spring decorations needed to go up as well as Spring arts and craft projects. We made pipe-cleaner flowers and clipped butterflies to them. They were surprisingly harder then they sounded in the directions, the "pedals" were difficult to attach to the flower and the kids needed me to do more of this project then then did - which you can not tell by the results. Not sure if I will do this again until they are much older (when they will no longer want to do arts and crafts with mom) and can do more of it themselves. However, this is the decoration they "visit" most often. They love the butterflies. The butterflies are made out of feathers and have glitter all over them (purchased at the craft store - no we didn't make them!!).Next on the agenda were happy daisy flowers. The pedals needed gluing on the back and later stuff added to the front. So I handed the kids their glue and went to get the next activity ready, I came back to find Luke with all of his pedals glued on correctly, we would just need to wait a LONG TIME for all the glue to dry!! :-) Cora did a great job!! She is very focused on her activities!
After preparing the pedals for the daisy, we worked on our bugs. Cora made a butterfly and Luke made a ladybug. These were pretty easy compared to the pedal gluing so they finished these quickly and enjoyed adding glitter glue accents (too many Fancy Nancy books - makes Cora think everything needs glitter!! Good thing she hasn't figured out there is a difference between glitter glue and glitter, I will be in trouble when she does!!)
Notice the Bunny Ears have reappeared from last year. Again, I am glad Cora talked me into buying a set of ears for Luke - he seems to really love wearing them as we decorate and do our projects!!
It was finally time to finish the daisy sunshine smiles and Luke was in a silly mood. He really wanted to go outside and play - I had to tell him he couldn't go out until his project was finished - in the end he hammed it up for the camera and made me put his daisy up on the window.I love project time with the kids. I have made major improvements with their projects and let them do most all of the work - even if it is hard. I had to step in with the pipe-cleaner flowers, the medal inside of them was hurting the kids fingers and each flower would have had only one or two pedals if it were left up to them. So happy Spring is here - although this Winter was nothing to complain about - the lack of snow has me finishing school June 1st. It made my summer with my little angels even longer!!
Powered by Blogger.


0 comments: