0

Still not much

We had another doctor visit for Cora - her ear problem came back, looking like a cross between a boil (gross) and a cyst (still gross) we went to her regular doctor and then to an ENT specialist to see what to do. Receiving some good news from the ENT specialist (the same one that removed my gargantuan cyst that I had the misfortune of wearing almost nine months while pregnant). Seems like the cyst that resides behind her ear will continue to get inflamed due to Cora's ear piercing. For now, we are to remove the earrings and allow the antibiotic to clear up the infection. After not being on an antibiotic, cleaning the area nightly, and keeping the earring out if it doesn't come back - we don't have to do anything, if it comes back they will look to surgically remove it :-( I have my fingers crossed that removing the earring will end the problem and poor Cora will just have to re-pierce her ears later in life (sorry kiddo!).

In the meantime, we are still pretty low key around here. We have some family visiting this weekend and the following weekend will be my second half marathon - on St. Patty's Day! The marathon and half marathon is sold out - looking to be around 20,000 people there (YIKES) so I don't think I will be breaking any time records but hoping to have fun and run faster then last time!!


Some things I missed from February included Valentine's Day...found some pictures on the camera that I wanted to include...
The kids picked out some stuff they wanted to give their friends at school for Valentines Day. We laid it out on the table and then stuffed the bags.
After stuffing the bags, Cora had to write both her name and her classmates names down while Luke just had to write his name down and we helped him write down the names of the kids in his class.
They had lots of fun stuffing the bags, making cards, and mailing cards to family members. I enjoy decorating the house and celebrating the different holidays that in previously weren't even on my radar. It was one of the ways I kept Cora still and not running around while she wasn't feeling good this winter - lots of arts and craft projects.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.