Run Locations:
Rt. 64: road run, +/-300 feet of elevation change, feels like rolling hills
Canal: the C&O Canal - Williamsport, completely flat and generally protected from wind, shady
Smithsburg Park: 1 mile loop around park, 1st half up hill 2nd half down hill
WMRT: Western Maryland Rail Trail - flat, paved biking/running path starting in Hancock, Maryland that follows the bends and curves of both the C&O Canal and the Potomac River. Better for winter/rain because the Canal gets muddy.
Progress
Jan 1: 4 miles (Rt 64) 35:47 (8:54) windy.
Jan 2: P90X Yoga
Jan 4: 5.5 miles treadmill. [Hill workout: 0-1 @1%; 1-2 @2%; 2-2.5@4%; 2.5-3@2%; 3-3.5@6%; 3.5-4@2%; 4-4.5@4%; 4.5-5@2%; 5-5.5@1%. ]
Jan 6: 3.5 miles treadmill negative splits (8:34, 8:16, 8:04, 8:34 recovery - incline 2%)
Jan 7: 7 miles (Canal) 1:01:20 (8:45)
Weekly Total: 19.5 miles
Jan 9: 2 miles treadmill: 1 mile warm-up (7:30) P90x Kempo workout, 1 mile cool down (7:30)
Jan 10: 5 miles treadmill 39:38 (7:56)
Jan 11: 4 miles treadmill 31:34. Tempo Run: 1 mile warmup @8:20; 200@8 (7:30); 200@9(6:40); 200@7(8:34) repeat for 3 miles; 1 mile cool down @ 8:20.
Jan 14: 10 miles (Canal) 1:25:45 (8:35) [felt great - didn't look at watch until finished - ran on how I felt. happy I averaged within +/-3 seconds of 8:35 entire run]
Weekly Total: 21 miles
Jan 16: 3.5 miles: 4.87 hike/trail run AppTrail with Dave (1 hour)
Jan 18: 4 miles (Smithsburg Park) no time - hill run; Weights @ home
Jan 20: 10 miles (Rt. 64) 1:27:21 (8:44) [first long run with hills - was pleased! No watch watching.]
Weekly Total: 17.5 miles
Jan 22: 6 miles treadmill 46:45. Tempo Run: 3 miles @2% @8(7:30); Then 1200@(8:20) 400@(7:30)@1% repeat for 3 miles. Weights @home.
Jan 24: 4 miles treadmill 30:58 (7:44) @2%
Jan 25: 5 miles Tempo Run on treadmill: 1 mile warm up@7 (8:34). 400@8(7:30), 400@9(6:40), 400@8, 400@9, recover400@7, repeat for 3 miles; half mile cool down.
Jan 28: 12 miles on WMRT 1hour 43 minutes (8:36) It was a point to point run, pace was all over the place from 8:14 to 8:53. I was nervous about the distance and was testing out food/drink and how to carry it along the run but I was happy with the resulting average time.
Weekly Total: 27 miles (GO ME!!!)
Jan 30: 3 miles Treadmill 22 min (7:21)Incline @1%. Focused on speed, want to drop sometime off my average pace
Jan 31: 6 miles Canal Run: 52 min (8:39)
Feb 4: 8 miles Rt 64: 1:11 (8:34) Was supposed to do 12, but had to cut it short, bad mood and left for funeral after run
Weekly Total: 17 miles
Feb 6: 3 miles 1 mile @7:30@3%. P90x arms and back. 2 mile cool down, 1 mile @7:30@3%, 1 mile @8:30@2%.
Feb 7: 1 mile P90x polymerics workout, 1 mile cool down @8:00@2%, very tired!
Feb 9: 7 miles 57:56 Alternated speed per mile between 7 (8:34) and 7.4 (8:06) @2% first 4 miles, 1% second 4 miles.
Feb 11: 11 miles 1:36 (8:46) Wanted to do 12, but at mile 3.5 of my out and back run it started to snow, sleet, and there were miserable gusty winds so about 5.5 miles I turned around and declined all offers for a ride hoping it wouldn't be this bad all the way back. At about mile 7 the snow started to get lighter and finally cleared up for a nice finish. Soaked but kept my sense of humor, I survived!
Weekly Total: 22 miles
Feb 13: 7 miles treadmill 58:55 (8:21) first 3 miles @ 8:34 @ 2%; next 3 miles @ 8:06@2%; last mile @ 8:34 @1%
Feb 18: 12 miles After falling off the tread mill before a hill workout mid week (ouch!!) and resting a few days I headed to the C&O Canal for my long run. Wanted to do 14 but chickened out and turned around at 6 miles. First time trying PowerBar Gel while running (mile 6) - chocolate flavor - wow that stuff is thick. Didn't feel as strong today - stomach gave me a little trouble and was overdressed for the run (who would have thought I needed short sleeves the day before a snow storm coming in?!?!).
Weekly Total: 19 miles (dangerous treadmill)
Feb 20: 6 miles (60 minutes) Appalachian Trail run with hubby. TOUGH hills..996 feet of elevation gain!!!! Slow pace but tough run!!
Feb 22: 8 miles treadmill 68 min (8:30 pace)
3 miles: 0.5@3%, 0.5@2%; 2 miles@2%; 3 miles: 0.5@3%, 0.5@2%. Feeling kinda yucky. Both kids have bronchitis, hoping I don't get anything.
Feb 24: 3 miles treadmill 26 min (8:33 pace)
short hill workout: 5 min warm up; short hill workout: 1 min @2%, 2min 0%, 1 min @ 4%, 2 min @2%, 1 min @6%, 2 min @4%, 1 min @8%, 2 min @4%, 1 min @8%; 7.5 min cool down. Pace 8:34 (7rpms).
Feb 25: 14 miles C&O Canal 2 hours 4min (8:43 pace)
Beautiful day. This is the farthest I have run in 15 years! Felt great and time wasn't too bad even with two bathroom stops. Wanted to shout from the roof tops when I finished. Did really well until the last mile - stomach and legs started to really hurt, had to really focus on putting one foot in front of the other to the finish.
Weekly Total: 31 miles ** Highest weekly total**
Feb 27: P90X Arm Workout
Only did half of the workout...no need for bulging muscles, just less chafing and jiggle :-)
Feb 29: 7 miles C&O Canal 1 hour 1 min (8:42)
Love the nice weather! The run was going great until stomach issues...I need to pay more attention to what I eat.
Mar 2: 3 miles treadmill 21:45 (7:15)
1.5 miles @2%, 1.5 miles @1%. Mile 1: 7:30. Mile 2: 7:15. Mile 3: 7:00. Felt good to go fast, also enjoyed how quick the workout was!!
Mar 4: 10.5 miles Rt. 64 1 hour 29 min (8:33)
Great run. Hit "start" on the watch then didn't look at it once throughout the run. I listened to the beep to confirm that I was progressing and when to turn around. I was a little motivated when I finished so I ran an extra half mile, "just because."
Weekly Total: 20.5 miles
Mar 5: 5 miles treadmill 36:45 (7:19)
0.5 warm-up and cool down@ 8:30; 3 Mile Repeats with 0.25 recovery @8:30. Mile 1: 6:50; Mile 2: 6:40; Mile 3 (1.5 mile) 6:30.
Mar 7: 5 miles treadmill 40 min (8:00)
8 min per mile. Incline repeats 3%, 2%, 1% for 400 meters all the way through the 5 miles. Felt good!
Mar 8: 8 miles Rt. 64 1 hour 9 min (8:35)
WINDY... WINDY... WINDY... My legs were tired, it was SOOOO windy (temperatures steady near 66F. Winds SSW at 20 to 25 mph), I was supposed to do 10... turned around at 4 miles and was SUPER HAPPY to just to finally FINISH! :-( Ahhh well, win some lose some!
Mar 11: 6 miles on C&O Canal - Sharpsburg
Family run. Alternated pushing 95 pounds of kids/stroller with hubby (harder then I thought). BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!
Weekly Total: 24 miles
Taper week before Rock and Roll Half Marathon - Washington, DC.
3 miles @ 8:00 pace = 24 minutes
See Race Report for results of Half Marathon.
Powered by Blogger.


0 comments: