I may have been disappointed in my race. . .but my kids are proud of me.
When I walked in the door with my medal they were so excited. They thought I won, "You came in 1st place Mommy!!" I tried to explain that everyone gets one but they still seemed to think it was so awesome.They wanted to wear my silly headband . . .that I managed to wear the entire race - much to everyone's surprise. Bets were laid about what mile I would, "rip it off."
Later in the day when I was in Cora's room, she showed me her medal for finishing gymnastics and said, "Mommy now you have a medal just like me." :-)
I was back to running on the Monday following the race. I ran 8 miles, then did a track workout on Wednesday and then a long 12 mile run on Saturday. Below is Antietam Cemetery which was my turn around point. I stopped after 6 miles (which I never do - always worried about time and pace) and walked around looking at some of the statues and plaques.
I am no really a history buff but for some reason this place spoke to me. The statue was engraved with a statement, "Not for themselves, but for their country."
On the way back it started to rain, then in the last mile it POURED but when I got home and Dave asked me how was my run - I replied it was one of my favorites! Glad to see that my children and historical ground gave me some of the perspective I so desperately needed!! :-) Looking forward to running that one again!!
Powered by Blogger.


0 comments: