Mother's Day 2011 was spent in Baltimore. We met up with Dave's sister, Christina, and her family - husband Steve, children Matthew (15), Micaela (10), and Brianna (5).
The kids speed walk (run) through the exhibits - racing to see the next set of big fish. I tried desperately to slow them down but Dave reminded me that they are excited and to let them see it at their pace. I compromised and slowed them down a little so that we actually spent a little time looking at what was in each exhibit.
Cora and Luke LOVE this picture, we had a little fun with it by pretending the shark was going to get us - but I think Luke got scared (or annoyed) so he didn't want to play anymore!
The rainforest is fun but hot, and it was really crowded. It is a lot of fun to do things with the kids but they don't do well in crowds yet so that makes it hard for them (and me). We will need more practice with standing in line, waiting your turn, and not pushing or running past people. They weren't rude but they danced all over the line of behaving and misbehaving all day.
Lastly, was the picture by the shark teeth. They don't really know that these are teeth for a shark or I think they would stay far away from them but it is fun to stand behind it and yell, "Ahh SHARK!!"
Spending the afternoon in Baltimore was fun but tiring. For as old as the kids are getting, they are still little kids. I expected that they should be able to walk for a couple of hours, wait patiently for their food and then the check, walk nicely, wait for their turn, and other adult behaviors. . . I was frustrated when they got tired or pushed or acted cranky. However, when we got back to the car and sat down I realized that I was tired and I that I need to cut them some slack. I need to try to incorporate rest/snack breaks - at least two per hour to help them last longer. I am sure it will keep everyone happier!!
It was a fun day and another wonderful Mother's Day. I am very lucky to have such a great family!!!
AND. . .
Happy Mothers Day to my own mother who showed me how to love unconditionally and with all my heart!!! Love you Mom!!!!
Powered by Blogger.


0 comments: