0

Memorial Day Weekend 2010

This past three day weekend found the Gentzel family happily at home with nothing to do. What a thought - nothing to do. We spent the entire weekend together - playing, running, biking, doing some chores, swimming, gardening, shopping. Believe it or not, the weekend was heavenly!
Saturday morning after a breakfast of chocolate chip muffins and bacon and egg sandwiches, we did some cleaning and chores. We wanted to get them out of the way for the weekend. It is amazing, when I was growing up my mom always said start with the things you want to do the least and end with the things you want to do the most - this will give you a greater chance of getting everything completed. . .why has it taken 35 years for this concept to sink in?!?

After chores Dave picked up the sand and I bought some perennials for two small flower gardens. The kids enjoyed the sand box and Dave and I had a chance to plant some flowers.

Saturday afternoon we went out to lunch to Dave's favorite restaurant - Hempin Hill for his birthday lunch. Dave enjoyed his meal very much and the kids were well behaved so that made everyone happy!
After everyone woke up from naps we played outside for the rest of the day and enjoyed a nice dinner out on the porch. We still "strap" Luke in during meals, -it helps keep the mess down and allows others to eat unhindered by a crazy child!

Later that evening we went for a fun run on the C&O Canal in Williamsport. Dave pushed the two kids in the jogging stroller and I struggled to run with them. I managed to complete 2.5 miles - all I can say is . . uggh! :-)
Sunday morning we gave Daddy his birthday presents and quickly headed outside. We played outside the ENTIRE DAY. It was a beautiful day and we never wanted to go inside.
I picked up a bigger pool for the kids after nap time.
We enjoyed a delicious dinner at home and Ice Cream cake for dessert.
Happy 39th Birthday Daddy!!!

Ice cream cake is yummy!!
This was one of those weekends that you look back on and remember as being one that makes your heart smile!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.