1

Girls Weekend

My husband sent me away with my best friend for a girls weekend. Amy and I left Friday afternoon for Alpine Lake (our friend Terra - her family's cabin) just outside of Deep Creek in Western Maryland. We arrived around 4pm and had a delicious dinner followed by a movie. We saw Sex in the City 2. Even though the critics didn't like it we did (though it was a little long). After driving around we finally located the cabin and closed out the evening watching a quite movie, "The Blind Side."
Saturday morning was pedicures at the Sewickley Spa at 11. Lunch followed at the Santa Fe Bar and Grill with multiple margaritas!! Next was massages back at the spa!! After a full body rejuvenation was a visit the the Ball Auction. . . a sight everyone should see at least once! The evening ended with watching the movie, "Up in the Air" with George Clooney (we rented from Blockbuster Box and proceeded to leave it in the DVR!?!? Waste of $25! :-<)

Sunday was supposed to be golf but the tornado watch and the pouring rain prevented that from happening so we settled for a nice lunch, shopping and a leisurely ride home.

Thank you Dave for my weekend to gather my strength and remind me of what I enjoy most in this world - my family!! As much fun as I had - I missed them the whole time!!! HOWEVER , if given the chance to go again, I would. The rest and quiet time did me well!

1 comments:

  1. Erin says:

    I've been daydreaming about such an event. But it ain't going to happen for quite some time now. Boo.

    Glad you had a good weekend, and I like that the only photo is of your cocktail!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.