0

Playing at the Lake


OFTEN. . . VERY OFTEN. . . about 5 times per week we go to the lake. I don't usually bring the camera because we go so often - but since I am BEHIND on posting I brought it with me to snap some summer photos!!


We like to go in the early morning or early evening - avoiding the high temps and the dangerous sun rays of the middle of the day. When we go early in the morning (around 7-8am) we usually have the beach to ourselves for a while. The evening is usually nice too but it is still often crowded. Keep in mind that this park gets so crowded on weekends that the park rangers "close" the park around 11am because it is full!!
The kids enjoy splashing around.

We always have snacks.
Usually mom or dad makes them sand castles or hills or pits of water.
Playing together or by themselves!

Here I am - a rare picture of me in a bathing suit!! ;-? Come on P90X - start working!!

The kids can sometimes make it for hours before they slow down and some days they are ready to leave after one hour.
But most days in the summer - this is where we are!! Dad can ride his bike in the woods or go for a *nice* (HILLY) run along the hiking trails. Later in life, when I think back to living in Washington County - I will definitely have fond memories of Greenbriar Park!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.