Being back at school. . . very tiring!!! I feel physically tired; I am surprised by this because I chased two children around all summer.
AND I haven't had to take care of the kids much. . . Dave has dropped them off at daycare and picked them up all week as he doesn't start until Monday. I haven't had to get them ready or myself ready with them hanging on my legs! I am thankful he doesn't go back until next week to help ease me back into the school mindset. I forgot how much I have to get finished in a day and I have a new teacher I am mentoring who comes to see me twice a day to tell me how things are going and ask for advice - which I don't mind doing - but cuts into my work time.
So far, I love my students - the honeymoon period at the beginning of the year when they don't talk to you or each other is still in full affect. I expect that next week it will start to wear off.
On the first day Dave sent me flowers to wish me good luck this year and the second day he surprised me with coffee. I am a very lucky woman to be spoiled by him - the other teachers around me are envious - they ask me what I ever did to be so lucky!! :-)
I have my new school bag - and I LOVE IT!!! It is from Harvey's a bag made of seat belts - supposedly to last forever!!! It makes me very happy!!
Today I had my Dream Dinners Session so I made some meals for the month - I am ready for Dave to go back (not sure Dave is ready). The family is ready for the school year routine. Even though I love summers off - it is hard to have essentially two completely different lives - I think year round schooling would be better for me?!?!
Anyway, I can't wait to see how next week goes!
Powered by Blogger.


2 comments:
Dave is very wonderful to you a keeper for sure!
What a sweetheart Dave is. I hope you are nice to that man!
Love the bag.