1

Recipe "Chipotle-Mango BBQ Chicken"

This recipe I used for Luke's Birthday Party.  After rave review and a few requests I have finally posted this delicious recipe (complements of the Food Network's Guy Fieri).


The "only" adjustment I made was I changed the chicken from "bone in, skin on" to boneless, skinless chicken breast which "I" cut into cubes and then put on small wooden skewers. 

Truthfully told, the real key to this recipe - is the grilling - I can't provide my husband for the grilling - so good luck with that part!!!  (sorry ;-)

Ingredients
  • 1.5 cups mango, peeled, pitted and roughly chopped
  • 3/4 cup fresh cilantro (loose pack, not chopped, stems and all)
  • 2 chipotle peppers in adobe, plus 1 tablespoon adobe sauce (I used "Ortega" hot chipotle sauce - found with the taco sauces because I was scared to make it too spicey)
  • 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice wine vinegar
  • 4 cloves garlic, peeled (I used 6 or 7 cloves - I love garlic!)
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (I used one full lemon juiced)
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • salt/pepper to taste
  • 2 pounds "chicken" (use bone in or chicken breast)
Directions

Put the 1/2 mango, cilantro, chipotle, vinegar, garlic, lemon juice, oil, salt, & pepper in a food processor and puree until smooth.

Add chicken to mixture, massage to coat the chicken with the sauce.  Refrigerate at least 6 hours (or overnight).

Put the other half of the mango mixture into a small saucepan and simmer over low heat until thick, stirring OFTEN, about 15 minutes.  Use some for basting the chicken while on grill, some for dipping when eating.

Grill - grill chicken "normally," basting every 5 minutes until finished.** As I said, Dave did the grilling so I can't provide details on this part - just the recipe ;-)

Enjoy!! :-)

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous says:

    Thanks so much for the recipe!! We made it last night!!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.