I told the sad story of the little blue beta fish at school to my students and one of them mentioned that he had two fish that he didn't want any more because his mom said that they smelled. So he asked me if I wanted his fish. I was hesitant at first - what of these fish wanted out of their little fish bowls too!?!? Could I handle another fish catastrophe?? But I though of Cora and how much she enjoyed the other fish - so I accepted his generous gift and carried them home from school with me. . .
I am so happy that I did - Cora loves them - she sits in the big chair and says, "Hi fishy, fishy, fishy. . .do you like your dinner??" She has tried to put her hands inside the tank once but a quick and firm warning from mommy made her think twice before doing that again!!
(The flowers in the background are from Dave. . . I had a bad morning after Luke cried for two hours straight. Some mornings are wonderful and fun - others are painful and hard to make it through. He sent them to me at work - a wonderful surprise - my students said I blushed when the flowers were delivered. It is nice to know that I still have emotions and feelings other than overwhelmed and frustrated!!
- Thank you Dave - I love you!!)
Powered by Blogger.


0 comments: