0

Big Girl Bed

I felt bad that Cora's Bed looked so unwelcoming, so I ran out to Walmart ( I am not willing to spend too much $$ on something I am picking for her - I really want her to pick what she wants -  which will be soon as her budding personality is quickly forming).  


I picked up a comforter (not pictured), sheets, throw blanket, and accent curtains.  The set is "Alice and Wonderland" based, the colors/design is mostly purple, with white polka dots, flowers, and butterflies.  When she saw her new bed her face lit up!!  (So I was happy I made the trip chicken pox and all - I believe I was careful not to touch anything unnecessarily nor breath near anyone ;-).

The comforter is not on her bed yet because she has had enough trouble figuring out the sheet, purple throw blanket, and her favorite soft green blanket.  Last night it took her over an hour to fall asleep - she was singing, telling all her dolls/stuffed animals goodnight, looking at a mini-photo album she somehow hid in her bed, and constantly moving about in the covers - trying to figure out how she wanted to lay.  At one point she rolled out - scared herself - and crawled back in only to start the ritual again.  I was proud of her for not crying when she fell out - just hoping back in bed.  (The video monitor is worth its weight in gold ~ especially since it cost about that much ;-)

Progress:
Three nights
Two naps

So far no problems and she stays in the bed until we come get her!!  

(My next step - purchasing some girly wall items that match her new bed. . . hopefully I can hold off until she is ready to pick what she wants . . . not sure I can wait that long - her room is awfully bare!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.