2

Chicken Pox??

I am at home right now because I may have Chicken Pox.  I was sent home from school yesterday because of an outbreak on my body of chicken pox like bumps.  Immediately I went to the doctor where they told me that it looks like chicken pox but it shouldn't be happening because I had them as a kid!  


The doctors did some research and told me that there is a reoccurrence of chicken pox for people in their 20's and 30's to get chicken pox for a second time.  So after about two hours and two doctors they took blood to send to a lab to see what I "really have" and I was sent home with some medicine to take 4 times per day for seven days.  I was also told to "avoid my children" as much as possible (yeah right)  and not to interact with others (good thing for computers).

Back to school I went (after the students were gone) to make 10 days worth of lesson plans, find a long term substitute, apply to the sick leave bank (I have no leave due to maternity leave at the beginning of this year), clean my classroom, pack away anything I actually want to still be there when I get back, tell my principal, tell my colleagues,  and whatever else I can think of for being gone for a while.  

I will get my blood test results this weekend - to determine if it is actually chicken pox.  I wonder what happens after all this if I don't have chicken pox?!?!  Wonder what it is!?!?

For today I guess that I just enjoy a day off at home, lots of chores to keep me busy!!  I also need to return a call from the school board's Health Official (kinda scary) and answer some questions - they are probably scared about where I got it from (duh - SCHOOL) and who I was around (duh - ALL MY STUDENTS) and other info. like that!!

Well - a sink full of dishes is calling - so off I go!!

2 comments:

  1. Erin says:

    So, what's the verdict? Chicken pox? Still home?

  1. ErinG says:

    The test results are not back yet - they said it could take up to a week. I only see one or two new bumps per day - and no new ones yet today. I am not sure when I will go back to work...maybe by Thursday?!?! I don't feel bad - I just need to make sure I am not contagious anymore!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.