0

Pumpkin Carving


Friends of ours have a pumpkin carving party each year that started way before kids were in the picture. Now that kids are involved the party has changed but the end result is still the same - awesome pumpkin designs!! This was our first time attending and I was surprised how much fun I had!! This was Dave's first time carving a pumpkin - ever!!
The kids didn't want anything to do with the pumpkin guts and Cora wouldn't even come near us to get in the picture - she said it was "stinky."
I did the cat and Dave did the spider. It was a lot more fun then I thought and it isn't as hard as it seems. The people attending the party gave us a lot of good hints and tips on the "how to's" of pumpkin carving so we ended up with nice products.
I have to say that I am hooked - I can't wait do do another one and I may even do another one this year!!
We had tiny little pumpkins because the orchard was closed due to the snow storm, we were lucky to get the last two pumpkins in the store when we finally found one that was open and had power! Can't wait to try again!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.