0

Luke's 3 year old well visit

The best part about the three year old visit. . .no shots!!

Well... that is...only if you don't want the flu shot (after the flu visiting our house us last year - yes, we want the flu shot) oh, and the 2nd lead test (where they actually draw blood). Good thing I am a firm believer of the "greater good," not only did we get all of this done today, I even scheduled Luke's follow up flu shot, as well as my tetanus/whooping cough shot. GO ME!!! (Still debating on Cora & Dave's flu shots - will have to talk to them about this :-)

Luke was great today, he patiently sat in the waiting room for 25 minutes eating his grapes/raspberries/blueberries snack while watching Nickelodeon TV. Then played Shrek Kart on the iPad for 15 minutes in the back doctor's room. Finally, the doctor (if this man wasn't so GREAT with the kids we would find another doctor)!! Luke laughed and talked his way through the entire exam!

Speech: The doctor asked if I have any concerns... and I mentioned Luke's speech. The doctor agreed that testing would be a good idea now that he is 3 years old. He also said he believed it to be articulation not problems with different sounds but that a specialist would be best to determine what Luke's issues are. He gave me the first steps in what to do via for public or private testing. I am going with the public school system because we have every intention of sending him to public school for his education so his first interventions will start there (properly supported by us at home). The doctor said he will probably qualify for once a week speech class (hopefully they have weekend/evening sessions?!?). So I will have to follow up with Luke's future elementary school - Old Forge Elementary to see what will happen next.

Overall, everything went well!!

Stats:
Height: 42 inches (off the chart)
Weight: 38 pounds (90th percentile)

Shoe size: 12

He is a big boy with cuts, bumps, bruises all over him. The doctor commented on his activity level and commended Luke for attempting to stay still!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.