1

Run on the Western Maryland Rail Trail

Cabin fever has exploded here in Smithsburg and we are all doing whatever we can to get outside and let some sun hit our skin.

Dave and I started to exercise about 8 weeks ago in the basement doing P90x a few nights a week. After a few weeks we added jogging/running two nights for a total of four days exercising. As the weather has improved Dave has added biking and we have added running outside on trails and pathways.
The running is nothing like either of us used to do but I am enjoying it. My pace is as slow as 10 minutes a mile and as fast as 7:30 per mile. I usually average around 8:30-9:00 per mile. I know all of this because for YEARS I kept track of what I was running and old habits are hard to break! Still can't pass a mile marker without checking the time.
We went for a run on the Western Maryland Rail Trail. Our goal was to run at least 4 miles. We went out 3 miles and were hoping to run back at least one mile and depending on the kids behavior in the jogging stroller and how we felt maybe try for more.

Dave pushes the jogging stroller and BOTH kids - for a total of around 75 additional pounds. I don't know how he does it because I struggle just carrying my own body weight :-( But we are out there and trying. I am sure Dave would rather be in the woods hammering up and down the mountain on his bike - but I am thankful he also enjoys running as a family.

When we were on the run, Cora was talking non-stop like normal, but the best part of her comments came when she said, "when I get older I am going to exercise just like mommy." I can only hope she and her brother enjoy exercising and a healthy lifestyle - maybe they will get my good traits instead of my bad ones?!? :-?

1 comments:

  1. Siobhan says:

    You guys are awesome. What great, healthy role models you are for the kids!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.