0

Reptile Man

Dave is at Outdoor Ed (a.k.a. "6th grade camp" a.k.a "Outdoor School") for the week. I have been a single mom for the week . . . single moms are amazing - but that is another whole story!!

Dave has been taking the kids on hikes and building fires and playing sports and spending the whole day outside - this would be Dave's dream job if we were independently wealthy and money was not a problem. . .He did sneak home on Tuesday so I could play golf - which was rained out - so I ran 5 miles on the treadmill instead - I wanted a few minutes to myself! :-)

Anyway, at Outdoor Ed is a presentation by Reptile Man. He puts on an informative 2 hour show and the students love him.

So, the kids and I decided to meet Daddy at camp and see this reptile man for ourselves.
He is a slow talking man that keeps the kids on the edge of their seats for about 10 minutes before he finally shows you the reptile!!

He has a different show for kindergartners but we were watching he 6th grade show - so my 3.75 year old and 2.5 year old only saw three reptiles before they were finished!
They did get to see this crocodile snapping turtle. He was scary! The turtle kept trying to bite the "assistant" who was helping Reptile Man.
Next was some sort of Lizard that kept sticking out it's really long tongue. I didn't catch the name of it because by this time (only 25 minutes into the show) Luke had started to get antsy and run around - drawing the attention away from Reptile Man. Daddy quickly removed Luke and the students all giggled at "Mr. Gentzel's son is so cute" from the little 6th grade girls.
Luke made his return for the alligator and stayed for about 30 seconds before he was off again. Cora loved the alligator and all the reptiles and I believe that she would have sat through the entire 2 hour presentation had it not been for her little brother ruining it! She was very upset when it was time to leave.

I didn't have the heart to tell her that this won't be the last time her little brother "messes it all up" for her!

We are all eagerly anticipating Daddy coming home. It was only 5 days but - I am ready for my best friend and co-parent to come back!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.