Saturday night there was a special fireworks event at Summers Farm Pumpkin Patch in Frederick. We arrived around 6pm and played until just after 7pm. There is always lots to do at Summers Farm.
Luke was OFF as soon as we got through the gate. He ran as fast as his little legs would carry him down to the jump "pillow."
I think this was one of their favorite parts of the day. (Minus Mommy yelling at all the other parents in the area for allowing their kids to run out of the exit and trample my two kids on their way in the entrance like a herd of wild elephants. I felt that the parents needed a lesson in teaching their children manners and to control their children - so I told them all my thoughts! When will I ever learn to be quiet?!?! After my lecture we didn't have any more problems. . .) The kids took four turns jumping all around this bouncy pillow.
Cora and Luke ran through the kids maze. They didn't do the "Redskins Maze" (click on Redskins to see it the maze - very cool!!) because they are too small yet. . . maybe next year.
Lots of things to climb on and hay to roll around in. . . I need some of these in my back yard - I wonder if the local farmers will let me buy a hay-bales?!?!
Just after 7pm we settled down and sat on our blankets with snacks. I wondered how the kids would do with the fireworks for a few reasons, it is late and past their bed time, it was their first time seeing fireworks and we were really close, and it was a little cold. But they had a nice time. Cora was scared at first but hearing all the people clapping helped her to change her mind. I was very happy to share my love of fireworks with my kids. Hearing Cora tell the story of watching the fireworks made me smile.
A wonderful Fall evening (stink bug free!!)
Powered by Blogger.


0 comments: