Friday night was a celebration of everyone back to work and back to a normal schedule. We had a wonderful dinner at home and played in the back yard. Saturday morning we went to Greenbriar Park to finally get Luke swimming in the lake and playing in the sand!! He is still running around on his tip toes but it is slowly getting better. Then Saturday afternoon was Macy's Birthday Party. Brock's little sister turned 1 and she had a pool party!!
This past weekend was filled with lots of fun things.
Friday night was a celebration of everyone back to work and back to a normal schedule. We had a wonderful dinner at home and played in the back yard. Saturday morning we went to Greenbriar Park to finally get Luke swimming in the lake and playing in the sand!! He is still running around on his tip toes but it is slowly getting better. Then Saturday afternoon was Macy's Birthday Party. Brock's little sister turned 1 and she had a pool party!!
The kids ran around and played outside for a while and then all sat at the picnic table for dinner.
Macy did a great job during the singing and the candles but she started to get frustrated with the picture taking!
She enjoyed her Barbi cake and when she was finished playing with this cake she had cupcakes to eat!
After dinner and cake the kids all went swimming. The crazy googles were a big hit!!
Sunday I left for my golf weekend at Felicita Golf Resort with my ladies golf group. It was an hour and a half drive up into Pennsylvania to the resort but the course was beautiful!
We played 9 holes Saturday evening and then enjoyed a nice dinner. The evening ended with lots of laughs, "drinking games," and cards!
Monday (I took the day off work) was the 18 hole event. The course was very hard and it didn't suit my golf game well - it was for accurate golfers - not long hitters ;-/ so I had a tough time of it. Lost a few golf balls ("someone" in our group stated "This course EATS BALLS!!" wink wink, grin grin!!)! Our team won the tournament although I had trouble remembering my score as I laughed most of the round!!
I came home Monday night for Cora's first night of gymnastics at 4 Star Gymnastics. Cora was excited to go but then when she got there she got scared. We were rushing because the golf trip took longer then I thought and I had to quickly push her into her first class. She took one look around and ran out of there crying. . . .I was thinking, "Oh great, here we go again!!"
I took her back inside and introduced her to the teacher and tried to talk her into staying without me. No such luck - she was hysterical. The person in charge of the gym came over to me and let me know that "if I thought it would help" that for tonight only, I could stay inside and try to help her adjust. So I walked out onto the bouncy gym mats and did the crab walk, did a bear walk, and rolled around a bit until I could sneak away.
Now this was a very embarrassing event as no other parents of the 6 little girls were in the room of about 100 kids (the gym is huge and many classes are going on simultaneously) and I wasn't really dressed to be doing such exercises!! But after about 10 minutes she was happy and I was able to leave to wait in the waiting room with the rest of the parents!! When the class was over she was SO EXCITED and can't wait to go back!! So I guess my crawling around with her helped her over the hump of fear!! I know this isn't the last time that I will have to do something embarrassing to help one of my kids out!! :-)
Powered by Blogger.


0 comments: