1

Labor Day Weekend



Staying home while everyone else is traveling has turned out to be a very productive weekend. Friday night I was able to work late and get lots of grading finished so I didn't have to take it home! Came home to a pizza dinner and movie with the family!!

Saturday was errand running morning which included getting the kids new shoes. Luke didn't need new shoes yet - still a size 9. Cora needed new shoes - she is now wearing size 10.5. After size 10 it is time to head to the other side of the store to the "big kid" side! Cora didn't notice - but her mom and dad were smiling! After shoes we went to get Cora a leotard for her gymnastics class. I found a few that I liked and held them up for her to pick from. She picked purple and pink with sparkles!! (When we got home she asked if she could sleep in her leotard and was upset that class wasn't *now.*) After shopping we went to Baker Park in Frederick to play on the playground, walk through the park, and the walk to downtown Frederick for lunch.

Early Saturday evening was spent searching for Stink Bug Spray. We have received many ideas for chemicals that we want to try so we picked up a few choices! Saturday evening was spent down the street with our neighbors, the Bono family, playing in their backyard and having a delicious dessert of grilled peaches and apples with ice cream!! YUMMY!!

Sunday morning was spent cleaning the whole house - top to bottom. . . well almost! We did manage to take Luke's crib down - permanently!! YEAH! (I wasn't even sad to see the baby crib disassembled!! I guess I really am finished having kids!!) He has been sleeping in his big boy bed so we felt it was time for it to go!

After naps Sunday afternoon we went to Williamsport so Dave could run on the Rail Trail and the kids and I played on a nearby playground. It was beautiful weather and nice to be outside. The evening ended with some outside chores, playing *backyard golf* with the kids toy golf clubs and hula hoops, dinner outside on the porch (with the stink bugs) and planting blue berries!
Everyone helped, Cora raked, Luke shoveled, and Daddy did all the hard work!
Luke was a big help with the shovel!
After planting the two plants we had to water them!

Not much is planned for Monday - maybe a little rest because the next three weekends are filled with stuff to do! Time flies when you are having fun!

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous says:

    Ok, so you guys might have the most exciting life I have ever witnessed. You never miss a beat and are always going on some adventure. How do you do it????

    JG

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.