1

Luke's 18 month appointment

Luke is 28 pounds (75th percentile) and 35.5" (off the chart).

I arrived to the appointment at 11:45 am thinking the appointment was at noon. NOPE, the appointment was for 12:55!! So we went home and had lunch and then came back (unfortunately for my poor mood - they let me sit there for 20 minutes before telling me how early I was).

2nd try - Luke had a full belly which was good because we had to wait in the doctor room for 35 minutes before the nurse came in. . . it is a good thing we LOVE the doctor or we would have found a new one by now!

Doctor checked Luke out - all looks good. Speech - normal. Motor skills - normal. Food - normal. Growth - FAST but not too fast to worry. (I have been worried that he was developmentally delayed because I compared him to Cora - but the doctor said he was right on schedule - that Cora just did things in fast forward.)

Concerns:
  • GRUMPY - Luke is a surly, grumpy, temper tantrum throwing kid. He is either very happy or very sad. Doctor said it probably is a phase and he may be experiencing growing pains because he is growing so quickly. That he will either grow out of it 0r it is his personality.
  • SLEEP - Luke's waking up in the middle of the night is normal. He is more aware of his surroundings and probably notices we aren't there. I didn't think he was having night tremors because he is mostly awake when he wakes up. ALSO - his two year molars are coming in and his gums are swollen - Motrin was recommended as needed.
  • RIBS - Luke's ribs 'sorta' push out instead of in. Doctor wasn't worried - just said to keep an eye on it but he will probably grow into his body.
  • LIMP - Luke has been running with a limp. . . or more accurately, he runs like a trot. The doctor noticed it too and made an appointment with a pediatric orthopedic :-( for us. He said Luke is definitely heel striking but there is some sort of hang up. He also noticed that it isn't slowing him down but he felt that a specialist should decide if it is something to be worried about.
The last one BROKE MY HEART - visions of his sports scholarships seemed to be slipping from view. . . Dave said to calm down and see what the specialist says first before I condemn him to a life inside on the couch!! Still - I am less then happy about the fact that the doctor didn't say I was worried for nothing!!

1 comments:

  1. Erin says:

    Oh, hoping he just like that little skip in his step.

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.