2

DELICIOUS side dish recipe: "Barbecued Succotash"

Dave and I have been trying to spice things up a little . . . in the kitchen (get your minds out of the gutters ;-).  So we made this the other night and decided it was one of our new favorite side dishes!!  Compliments of the Food Network's Rachel Ray.


Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon extra-virgin Olive oil
  • 1/2 red onion, chopped (chopped small if you want to hide it from little ones.
  • 1 red bell pepper (chopped small)
  • 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 (10 ounce) box/bag of frozen corn
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/4 cup smokey barbecue sauce (I used regular BBQ sauce because I wanted the little ones to like it.)
Directions:
Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat.  Add onions and peppers and saute 5-10 minutes (depends on how crunchy/soft you like your veggies).  Add beans and corn and season with salt and pepper.  When corn heats through, add barbecue sauce.  Stir to combine and serve (I allowed it to simmer for about 10 minutes on a very low heat before I served).

It was delicious!!   Dave and I look up one new recipe per week.  We figure it isn't too much to do at least one new item each week to help make the "What's for dinner?" question more exciting!!

2 comments:

  1. Erin says:

    you have "add onion and peppers and saute" ...so should their be a bell pepper in the ingredients list?

  1. ErinG says:

    yes!!! fixed!!! thanks :-)

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.