There are no more training wheels on any bikes in the Gentzel House!!!! The day Cora got her training wheels off Luke begged to have his taken off. But we knew he wasn't ready so we told him to practice on the Glide Bike. Dave and I figured it would be the end of the summer when he was ready... nope, Luke decided he was ready in early June... at 3 years 10 months old! :-) His size of 44 inches allows his body to be ready for many physical things early (while his mental/emotional development falls dreadfully behind...)
One evening after dinner, Dave came inside and told me I needed to go outside. I was not in the mood to stop doing the dishes so I said I would be out in a minute. He replied that was not good enough, to go outside now and bring a camera. Frustrated, I went outside with the kids camera to see Luke's training wheels on the ground...
After a few times back and forth he was ready to go down the little hill we have in the driveway. He was still wobbly and decided to use his "feet breaks" (think Fred Flintstone) instead of the bike's pedal breaks but he was really getting the hang of it.
He fell off a few times but each time he picked the bike up saying, "I'm ok. I'm not hurt!" and returned to his task. (It is also time to get the kids bigger helmets, these aren't the best quality and are probably too small.)
Cora was definitely jealous of the attention he was getting and needed to show us how fast she is compared to how slow Luke is... I really wanted to remind her that when she was Luke's age - she SCREAMED and CRIED when we tried to ride bikes... but decided not to... I just kept feeding Luke positive attention and eventually so did she!


0 comments: