I am going to say what every parent says... "It is hard to believe that my little girl is turning 5!!! Where did the time go?!"
I read a post on Facebook that said, "I remember when my son turned 5 and now he is going to college, the years flew by too fast." That made me cry!! I enjoy every day with them (well, most parts of every day if I am being honest - parenting is hard!)
Notice how they are almost the same height - Cora is 47 inches tall (off the chart) and Luke is 44 inches (way off the chart)
Cora still has Luke helping out - handing her presents then taking the trash to Daddy.
She is getting more and more "girly" - necklaces, bracelets, headbands, flower barrettes, dresses. Although she doesn't let any of that stuff slow her down. At school they race "from bench to bench" almost every day and when I asked her how she does she said, "I win every time." But then she added, "But one time, Edward Lee fell down so I stopped to help him up and we finished last. That was ok because we had to clean off his knees." Kids are amazing!!!
Her hair is finally growing in a little thicker. At five years old, she has only had three haircuts!!!
She was excited about her Minnie Mouse shirt because we are going to Disney this summer and she said, "I can wear this on our vacation." (Thanks Cora, I never thought of that!! ;-)
Her first watch - the first of many if she is anything like me!
Sunglasses - when she put them on she said, "The whole world is pink!" And of course Luke had to join in the fun - looking a little like Elton John if you ask me!!


2 comments:
Happy Birthday Cora!
Cora is such a hawt (say it in your best southern yat accent)!
Happy birthday, Cora. May this be a great year.