Trick or Treat time!!! Halloween evening was spent with friends Carrie and Atlee. The four friends were excited to get going!!
This year Cora was a Princess Butterfly and Luke was Woody from Toy Story.
The kids ran from house to house barely noticing where the parents were. They did remember their manners and Cora often said her thank you with a little "curtsy." (Not sure where she learned that from - maybe a "bow" at dance class?!?! I can honestly say I have NEVER curtsied in my life ;-)
One house was extremely well decorated and had great animated accessories. Huge spiders, snakes, an abominable snowman (I think I said/spelled that right).
The best part was that the people at the house were very aware of their audience and increased and decreased the scare factor with their visitors. Luke ran away crying at first but then the snowbeast opened up her mask to show she was a person and that there was nothing to be scared of. The kids are still talking about this house!!
Cold evening, lots of candy, parents actually driving kids from house to house, groups of older kids rushing through the little kids, lots of compliments on costumes and manners, exhausted kids after 1.5 hours . . . AND . . . Who would have thought that there would be SNOW on Halloween?!? In all the years I have lived in Maryland - this was a first!!!
Powered by Blogger.


0 comments: