Although I consider myself a generally healthy person the past 30 days have seemed to prove the opposite. Besides hurting my back, recently, I brought Influenza (specifically, the H1N1 virus) into the house and proceeded to make the family sick. First Cora, then Luke, and we are still waiting to see if Dave gets sick. The doctor's office made Cora and I wear "masks" when we were leaving.
It was a frustrating week because we have a back up plan for when the kids get sick that someone comes to the house to take care of them so Dave and I don't miss more then one day, but how can you have someone come into the house infected with the flu!?! So I took the week off from school (the last week of the semester - UGH!!) in hopes of keeping Dave healthy and functioning.
While home we watched a LOT of movies, puzzles, board games, blocks, raced cars, did arts and crafts, and slept. Most of the time was spent on the couches watching shows to keep them still.
I got a little lecture from the doctor about not getting the flu shot. Really, the flu shot is the only shot I opt out of. The reason is that there are so many different viruses that it is hard to protect against all of them. If we would have got the flu shot we would not have gotten the H1N1 shot, we would have picked one of the other ones, so it may not have protected me anyway. However, even being protected against one virus might be worth it, I will consider it for next year . . I have a year to think about it!!
Until then, we are inside playing, reading, watching movies, and sleeping. Happy Health to everyone!!! Health is a precious thing!!
Powered by Blogger.


2 comments:
My shot this year was an all in one that included the h1n1. Nope, doesn't protect you from everything though.
Glad to see smiles, tylenol induced I imagine.
How awful! I can't believe the doctor though, as if you didn't feel bad for your children already, to basically blame you for not getting their shots. Many of my friends' children have gotten the flu shot this year, and still got the flu.
Hoping for a speedy recovery for the Gentzels.