I had some leftover gingerbread stars and cookies that I wanted to "use up" and being stuck at home inside seemed like the perfect time to decorate some cookies. Considering everyone is sick with the flu there would be no eating of the cookies - just decorating!!
First we had to mix the icing. There were three colors, white, red, and green. I let Cora hold the mixer by herself but with Luke I didn't let go for a second! :-)
Next was the decorating at the table.
The white icing was VERY tough to squeeze out while the green icing was soupy which is why we painted it on with a brush. The red icing was just right!
It went well and the activity took over an hour from start to finish. The kids ate some of the candy as they were making their cookies which was fine because they had their own bowls of candy.
I was happy with the activity and the vacuum was only a few feet away. I was able to clean up the kitchen while they were decorating.
I will do this again next year but get better candy. When we did the giant gingerbreadmen with Ms. Lauri she had much better candy. The candy that comes in the box isn't the best but it did keep them entertained!
Powered by Blogger.


0 comments: