We are vacationing in the Outer Banks and really loving it here. . . except Luke is making it very interesting. Beyond the fact that under no circumstances is he allowed to get sand in his cast and we are in a house on the beach, HE IS CRANKY!!! He won't leave our side and makes life very difficult. He also isn't sleeping well and I am consistently worried that he is waking up the whole house (which he is) nor is he napping except when I don't want him to. I expected to need to find "other" activities to keep him busy, what I did not expect was for him to cry ALL THE TIME!!!
In addition to Luke being cranky, the temperature here was in the high 90's and the heat index was 115degrees!! So, doing much outside that doesn't involve water isn't an option. AND it is CRAZY crowded here. . .hoping to go to the movies and to an aquarium as soon as we hit mid week.
Today we had a nice time as we rented some bikes and a pull behind for the kids and rode all around on the back roads here on the island. The bike ride was over 3 hours and Dave really had to work hard to keep up his overachieving pace. We stopped mid way for lunch and I was suprised to see how far we went without stopping. It helps that the temperature is in the mid 80's which feels like a dream after the last few days.
My camera does not hook up to this laptop from Dave's work. . . so no pictures for now but I will make a picture post when I return to my wonderful Apple computer!! :-)
Powered by Blogger.


0 comments: