3

Big Boy Bed

Luke got a new bed. . . I hit Craig's List GOLD with this little nugget!!!!


I was so excited to pick the bed up that I called the person and bought the bed withing one hour and Dave picked it up one hour after that.

Dave had to disassemble it at the person's house (she was a nice Grandmother), carry it downstairs and load the trailer, drive it 45 minutes home, carry it inside and upstairs, and reassemble it!

But it has been worth every penny. The first night Luke did NOT sleep in it, he kept crawling out and down the ladder. The second night, after recieving GREAT advice from my friend about how to keep an obstinate child in bed, he did manage to sleep in the bed. Too bad that neither Dave nor I got much sleep. Both of us slept with one eye/ear open listening to see if he would get up out of bed. But he made it and he also took one nap up there too.

Cora has been a little jealous of the new bed. . . not sure how to explain to her that because she is a good girl and does what she is supposed to we didn't need to get her a "gimmicky" bed to keep her in the bed . . .that is why she has a normal bed (which is up off the floor on a frame and box spring these days). I never realized how good she was until I have had to struggle with all the things she made look easy (don't even ask me about potty training for Luke?!?!?!?!)!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Erin says:

    Ok what is the obstinate child advice?

  1. ErinG says:

    Every time Luke gets up out of bed and walks to the door, I unemotionally return him to bed. She said she had to do it close to 100 times with her child the first night, around 50 the second night, and around 10-20 after that for about a week and now it usually isn't a problem.

    It seems to work, you just have to be patient and prove that you (the parent) are "in charge." The first night it was around 30 times, the second night about 10 (but he was really tired) and nap time was about 20 times. I am hoping by the time I go back to school it will be less than 5 times returning him to bed (per week).

  1. Erin says:

    That's just what I would have done so glad to hear that it's proven effective...even for Luke!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.