0

Titanium Girl - As told through pictures.

My PR race:  1:44:45

What I look like in my imagination and what I look like in real life are very different....

Doesn't even look like me... must be really concentrating on something?!?

You can see all the people I passed... and my boob sweat - haha!!!

I look like a giraffe ... I am sprinting as fast as my giraffe legs can carry me!
Notice the TWO medals... The Frederick medal and the Titanium Girl medal!!!

Good to see my posture sucks when I run too!
 Above is a picture of me finishing on the "track."  When I looked at the map of the course I saw that we had a half lap on the track once we entered the stadium... I was SHOCKED when I entered the stadium to see it was a HORSE TRACK!!!! HAHAHA.... so the "half lap" turned out to be a half mile instead of 200 meters!! LOL

Below is me giving Cora and Luke their high fives!!!  Seeing them on the course had me chocked up.  I teared up and hick-upped as I fought to regain my composure for a bit after leaving them...
My Mom, Dave, and Amy made sure the kids could see me at mile 3, mile 6, and at the finish!!  I think they ran as much as I did :-)  and with the four kids!!!
 My cheering section!!!
Luke, Cora, Atlee, Carrie



Dorky smile but at least I don't look like the guy in front of me (I passed him too).

Almost finished!

Finished!!

When I started running in August 2011, about nine months ago, I had trouble running 3 miles without stopping... I worked myself up to 20 miles per week and thought that was an accomplishment.....I decided to run the Freedom Run Half Marathon in late October and couldn't believe that after 9 weeks I could finish a half marathon...

Now, after 9 months I am no longer surprised but I am still proud of myself.  Two half marathons in one week, both under 1:50 and one beating my goal pace, with a 1:44:45.  I have a feeling that I will beat that time next year... but for now, I am really happy! 

I am very lucky to have a natural ability with running, but it still takes work, effort, dedication, mental toughness, resilience, and patience.  I know I run faster than a lot of people who have been working at this for a while, but I also know I can run faster. 

Running fast takes time and dedication to train... Finding time is hard because I feel guilty not spending that time with my family or friends.  I have had to say "no" that I can't go do something because I have a run...I have missed soccer games, swim lessons, spent less time on the blog, less golf, less time talking with my husband, my house is messier, laundry piles up more...I have 5 hours each week night and weekends to do "everything" and if I run 4 days a week - 3 runs averaging one hour and 1 run averaging two hours, plus travel time... it starts to cut into life...especially after a 14 mile run - who really wants to vacuum, dust, and do laundry after that?!?!  (wink wink)

I am not sure how long I will want to run this much, how much faster I want to work towards, or what I will have time for, but right now it is still fun and it is still a good challenge. 

 I will keep doing this while it is fun but I have to keep a good balance between family, friends, work, and life.  I hope I can manage to keep everything in balance! 

(which is why this blog post is almost one week after the race and at 11pm and while I am waiting to pull the last load of clothes out of the laundry and on a Friday night when everyone else is asleep...)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.