One of the books we often read to the kids when they were younger was a book called, "Pajama Time" by Sandra Boynton. It is about a bedtime routine.
Here at our house we have our own bedtime routine. It usually goes something like this:
- 6:40 Bath - lately it is in Mom and Dad's big tub with the "squirting water" which is fine with us because it gives them more room to move around and us time to straighten up/get ready for the next day.
- 7:00 Put PJ's on - kids are able to put PJ's on by themselves now!
- 7:00-7:25 Some sort of PBS Kids/ Disney / Nick Jr show. During this time they eat their final snack of the evening.
- 7:30 Brush teeth, last visit to the bathroom, feed fish, and pick the room for books to be read.
- 7:40 Books - two books, alternating whose room we use, alternating who reads - mom or dad.
- 8:00 Lights out! Unfortunately, lately there seems to be a need for more visits to the kids room to remind them it is bed time, take toys away, and/or answer final questions of the evening.
On another sleep note: the kids nap time seems to be shrinking. I used to be able to count on 2-3 hours in the middle of the day of peace and quiet but many days it is only about an hour and often Cora doesn't fall asleep within the half hour time frame I ask her to stay put. I anticipate her not needing naps for much longer, I am hoping to make it until the summer time. Luke might miss one nap a week due to being, "not tired Mommy." He will need naps for longer but I am afraid he will attempt to give them up once Cora does?!?!


0 comments: