0

National Zoo

I took the kids down to the National Zoo in Washington, DC. This was my first trip by myself and it wasn't bad. There were some hiccups when I was trying to buy lunch, balance the food, push the stroller and carry the drinks (which do not get lids or straws - the Zoo fears litter). But besides that we walked around the zoo both the outside displays and even some of the inside.

Cora LOVED all the "Spotting Scopes" and had to use ALL of them!! I eventually had to tell her that they were broken!

The Elephant House was closed because they are renovating it but there were a few animals out in their new yard. The changes to the Zoo were a pleasant surprise - the Zoo has remained the same for many years but are improvements great!

Another "newer" area is the "Petting Farm" which was great for Cora - she wanted to pet everything within reach. Luke wasn't so sure, he wanted to get close and tell the animals "HI" but he didn't want to pet them!

This was where we finally stopped and ate lunch. We all were tired by lunchtime because we arrived at the Zoo around 8am and by 1pm we were ready to head home!! It was a fun trip and I was glad I forced myself to go - even though pushing the stroller up those hills was tough ;-) The next Zoo will be the one in Baltimore or Pittsburgh!! :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.