0

Visit to Gigi and Granddad 6/10 - 6/18

6/10 - Wednesday
Packing, packing and more packing.  The kids were at daycare and I spent the day packing our clothes, their food, bottles, sippy cups, plates, toys, books, beach stuff, outdoor movement stuff (Luke's car, Cora's bike, and stroller) along with everything "baby" we don't need anymore for my sister.  I loaded the car and when Daddy got home he loaded the trailer.  I have never driven the trailer before so this was going to be an interesting trip - but Dave loaded it so well and tightly that even the Chesapeake Bay Bridge winds didn't move that stuff!!! 

Picked the kids up from daycare, ate dinner and left at 5 pm.  The ride went very smoothly - I took my time and got used to driving the trailer. . . forward.  Not sure what I would have done if I would have had to drive in reverse. . . but lucky for me - no reverse was needed :-)  The kids were mostly good, took brief naps, ate snacks and cried a little but overall a success!  

Arrived at my sister's house at 8pm.  Unloaded, said quick hellos and was off to my parents house.  Arrived at my parents house at 10pm, unloaded, and put the kids to bed. 

6/11 - Thursday
I wanted the kids to get used to their surroundings so we stayed around the house - played inside and outside with toys and went for a nice walk around the yard looking at the gardens, the pond, the flowers, walked around the neighborhood, and Cora rode her bike.  We also went to a playground that afternoon after a short tour around "downtown Princess Anne."


6/12 - Friday
In the morning we played around the house again - watching a little TV, playing with blocks, "eating" pretend food on the upstairs porch. . . then that afternoon it warmed up a bit and Cora was playing in the little pool that Gigi has.  She had a great time swimming around and Luke even "swam" a  little bit.




In the evening we went to visit my sister and enjoy their traditional, "Pizza Friday."  The kids played on a playground, played with Andrew's toys inside, ate lots of pizza and got re-aquatinted with each other while the adults chatted and caught up with each others lives! 

6/13 - Saturday
Went to Frontier Town in Berlin, Maryland - outside of Ocean City.  They have a zero-entry pool and small fountains and slides.  We met up with my sister and her family.  

In attendance:  Gwen, Jay, Andrew, two babies in my sister's belly, Gigi, Erin (me), Cora and Luke.




The kids had a great time playing together - they swam, got cold, warmed up, ate food, and did it all over again!  Around mid-day we all went home for naps and to rest, later the kids played in the pool and in the evening Gwen, Jay and Andrew came over for dinner.  It was a wonderful evening - ending with the kids watching Dora the Explorer and Go Diego Go with Granddad (I am not sure who enjoyed the show more - the kids or Granddad :-)

6/14 - Sunday
We went to visit a little beach in the morning - unfortunately Luke missed it because he was sleeping.  Cora walked right up to the water and walked into the waves like they were nothing!!  She played in the water and in the sand for a little bit but got cold quickly and then upset because she was cold and wanted to go home.  As we were leaving - Luke woke up so now he was angry because he was stuck in his carseat again on the way home!!

In the afternoon Granddad took Cora and I on a boat ride.  We toured Moni Creek which feeds into Moni Bay.  The Creek is quite deep and very long - it took 20 minutes to get to the Bay.  Cora was quiet the whole ride but when we got back to shore she couldn't stop talking about her boat ride!

photo.php.jpg


6/15 - Monday
Spent time at a park in Salisbury, MD - "Ben's Swings."  Both kids had fun swinging, sliding, walking around!!

Then it was off the the Salisbury Zoo!!  Lots of animals - both kids were great!!  They really enjoyed the walking around, the animals, the people, the entire day!!  




6/16 - Tuesday
Met up with a friend of mine in Fenwick Island, DE.  We met for lunch then headed to Americana Bayside Golf Course and Community to play at the playground.  Cora made friends with three kids and we played there for a while.  Then we went to the Ocean City Boardwalk and walked up and down for a while.  Then we played on some swings and later we ended up on the beach for about an hour.  If the weather had been warmer we would have stayed longer as well as gone in the water - but the temperature was only in the lower 70's and the water is MUCH colder!! 

6/17 - Wednesday
Another cold day . . . but we went to Bethany Beach to see old sights (I have been going to Bethany Beach since I was my children's age!!) and to play on the playground.  While we were there Daddy called and said that the Bethany Beach Boardwalk Camera (www.bethanycam.com) was on.  We went up to the boardwalk and all waved to daddy!!

Then we went to Rehoboth Beach to the boardwalk and beach.  We walked along the boardwalk, played in the sand, ate ice cream, and rode a little pony.  If the weather would have been warmer we would have stayed longer and/or gone in the water!! 

(I forgot the camera both Tuesday and Wednesday - so no beach pictures - it is just as well - they were in sweatshirts and sweatpants.)

6/18 - Thursday
Luke was kind enough to sleep until 9am (after being awake from 1 to 2 am) so I could get everything packed.  (Granddad loaded the trailer and made sure the tire had proper pressure the night before.)  We took our last few walks around the yard with Granddad, played with Gigi one last time, put everyone into the car and were on our way home by 11am.  The ride home was the same as the ride in, a little singing, a little crying, a little sleeping, a little eating - all evenly dispursed in the 3.5 hour ride home!

Overall - the trip was a GREAT success!!  Kids had fun and enjoyed their time with their grandparents!!  I enjoyed spending time with my family and visiting friends.

Lessons learned:
I LOVE the layout of my house, I LOVE my husband, I LOVE my routine, I LOVE my parents, I LOVE the beach, I LOVE vacations . . .but. . . I REALLY LOVE the comfort of home!!!  :-) 

Hopefully we can go back later this summer - but this time Daddy MUST come to help Mommy!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.