0

Catoctin Zoo

Because this weekend was so nice we decided to head over to the Catoctin Zoo to meet our friends Amy and Carrie.  The zoo/wildlife preserve is definitely not the National Zoo that I grew up going to in Washington, D.C. but it is a fun place to go to see the animals.  What I like about it is how close it is to us (about 25 minutes) and how close you can get to the animals.  What I am not in love with is that the enclosures are small and the zoo could use a "face lift."  It seems like they are making some major changes and improvements so we need to be patient and see what happens!


Considering how close the zoo is to us, we decided to buy a season pass.  After four family visits the pass pays for itself, it lasts 13 months, and we get to visit during "pass holder only" times for special occasions.  I think it will probably be worth it in the end!!

Daddy and Cora feed the deer.

Cora laughs after one of the deer licked her hand ;-?

Carrie shows Cora around the zoo!

Cora "oinks" at the pig.

Even Luke managed to have some fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.